Alacer Gold operates the world-class Çöpler Gold Mine in eastern Turkey that produced 271,063 ounces of gold during 2013. Çöpler has very substantial Proven and Probable Reserves of 3.9 million ounces and Measured and Indicated Resources of 8.5 million ounces of contained gold.
Çöpler is located in central eastern Turkey, roughly 550 km east of Ankara and 120 km southwest of the city of Erzincan. The nearest population center is the town of ĺliҫ, which is 6km northeast of Çöpler.
Çöpler is currently an open-pit, heap-leach operation that is producing gold from oxide ore. The treatment of sulfide ore via pressure oxidation is being evaluated and a Definitive Feasibility Study is planned to be completed by June 2014.
Key Çöpler Facts:
- Ownership: 80% Alacer Gold, 20% Lidya Madencilik San. Ve Tic, A.Ş. (“Lidya Mining”)
- Mining: open pit by contractor
- Processing: heap leach
- 2013 Gold Production: 271,063 ounces
- Proven & Probable Reserves: 77.0Mt at 1.6g/t gold for 3.9 million ounces (as at December 2012)
- Measured & Indicated Resources: 194.2Mt at 1.4g/t gold for 8.5 million ounces (as at June 2013)